Ingredients22 m servings 311 cals
- Rinse quinoa with water; drain. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet or pot with a lid, heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in quinoa and broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 12 minutes. (Do not lift lid or stir while cooking.)
- Cut asparagus into 3 pieces each. Stir asparagus, veggie tenders and lemon rind into quinoa. Cook for about 3 minutes, until heated through.
- Quinoa has a natural protective coating called 'saponin' that must be rinsed off before cooking as it can give a bitter taste. As it cooks, the quinoa germ separates from the kernel creating tiny white rings. This is a sign that it is fully cooked.
- Variation: When ready to serve, stir in 1/4 cup (50 mL) toasted walnut pieces or toasted almonds.
Per Serving: 311 calories; 7.9 g fat; 37.9 g carbohydrates; 21.1 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 439 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This recipe is great! My whole family loved it. I replaced the veggie meat with tenderized lightly seasoned beef and veggie stock with beef stock. We are planning on making it again real soon.
This dish is super easy. I always add extra fresh garlic and lemon zest. My husband is not vegan so he eats it as a side dish. It's usually my main dish. Easy to make and taste good. Win.