Ingredients21 m servings 280 cals
- Mix lettuce, black beans, corn, red bell pepper, jicama, carrots, scallions, basil, and cilantro together in a large bowl. Juice 2 limes and drizzle juice over salad; toss lightly.
- Combine chicken and barbeque sauce in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave until chicken is warmed through, about 45 seconds.
- Arrange chicken and avocado on top of the salad and squeeze remaining lime over salad.
- Cook's Note:
- I prefer the southwestern flavor for the chicken strips.
- Drizzle extra BBQ sauce on top of salad if desired.
Per Serving: 280 calories; 8.3 g fat; 40.6 g carbohydrates; 16.3 g protein; 21 mg cholesterol; 581 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
My girlfriend said I have now ruined restaraunt chicken salads for her. Thanks for the recipe! We made a few altercations based off our preference but hey, it's a salad, can't do too much harm, ...
I made some minor changes for what I had on hand. I used jarred roasted red peppers, cucumbers instead of jicama. I tossed the lettuce with a small amount of Italian dressing, the remaining ingr...
The lime juice dressing really didn't add much flavor or "pizzazz" to make this salad noteworthy. I liked all the rest of the ingredients though & will be finding my own lime dressing next time.
Super delicious and so easy to make each persons with just the ingredients they want on their salad.