Ingredients1 h servings 294
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute bacon, onion, and apple in hot skillet until onion is slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir chicken broth, reserved pineapple juices, tomato puree, flour, and curry powder into bacon mixture; bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring often, until flavors blend and sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; stir crushed pineapple and salt into curry sauce.
- Place chicken in a single layer in a glass baking dish. Pour curry sauce over the chicken.
- Bake chicken in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 30 to 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Garnish with pineapple rings.
Per Serving: 294 calories; 7.9 26.2 29.1 78 630 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
This is my recipe. It is not typical curry fare but it makes your mouth water for more. I like to serve it over rice. A couple of things they altered is that I like to take my cuts of chicken (t...
I make no claim to know anything about curry. I only know that this recipe is delicious, and I need to make this again! It has a lovely combination of flavors--sweet, savory, salty--that are j...
Well I made several changes because I used what I had on hand. 1)called for pineapple used peaches instead 2)called for chicken broth used vegetable broth instead 3)called for tomato purée used ...
This was wonderful and so easy. My curry eating friends really enjoyed it. I will definitely make this again and often!
I used fresh pineapple because I had it on hand. The recipe was easy and the family ate it all!