made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 325 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Stir 1/4 teaspoon salt into the water and return water to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to low, cover the saucepan, and cook until the moisture is absorbed completely, about 15 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let pan sit covered for 5 minutes more.
- Spread quinoa in a thin later on a platter and refrigerate to cool completely, at least 15 minutes.
- Mix jicama, coconut, pineapple, raisins, sweet onion, lime zest, lime juice, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper together in a large bowl; add cooled quinoa and toss. Season salad with salt and black pepper.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until salad is completely chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- I used pineapple to sweeten the salad, however, I think mango would be a delicious substitute as well.
- The quinoa can also be cooked in chicken stock.
Per Serving: 325 calories; 5.5 g fat; 65.3 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 149 mg sodium. Full nutrition