Whole Grain Waffles with Blackberry Sauce
Ingredients30 m servings 575
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Prepare the cooking surface with cooking spray.
- Beat flour, milk, eggs, vegetable oil, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl using an electric mixer until batter is thoroughly mixed.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter per waffle into the preheated waffle iron and cook according to manufacturers' instructions.
- Stir blackberries together in a saucepan over high heat until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Decrease heat to medium and add sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice to blackberries; cook and stir until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- If you have a big sweet tooth, add more sugar to the sauce. If you want a more flavorful waffle batter, add 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Per Serving: 575 calories; 24.6 78 16.4 103 746 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Very good whole wheat waffle and nothing beats the fresh blackberries. I will make this again. If you are too lazy to make the sauce try the waffles with a bit of maple syrup on top with fresh...
These were good. Pretty light considering they are whole wheat. I added about 3/4 tbsp of cinnamon, 1tsp of vanilla and 1/2 tbsp of sugar to the waffle mix. This recipe makes about 8 classic ...