Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 1027 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Rinse clams in a strainer to remove any sand.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot (5-quart) over medium to low heat. Add the diced onions, stirring often, until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage and garlic, red pepper flakes, and fennel. Cook until sausage is no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Drain oil.
- Increase the heat to medium high. Pour in the wine and bring to a boil until it has reduced to about 3 tablespoons, approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Classico(R) Tomato & Basil sauce and bring to a quick boil. Add the clams, cover, and cook until clam shells open, 8 to 10 minutes. Check often to avoid overcooking.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix together remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 cloves minced garlic, salt, and cracked pepper. Brush mixture on both sides of the baguette slices. Arrange slices on a baking sheet.
- Bake until its golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Ladle the clams and sauce into bowls; top with fresh parsley and shaved parmesan cheese. Serve with the crostini.
Per Serving: 1027 calories; 46.6 g fat; 77.1 g carbohydrates; 61.5 g protein; 158 mg cholesterol; 1874 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is so easy to put together and produces a restaurant quality entry. If clams are unavailable mussels would be equally good. I did make two minor changes, substituting red wine for white a...