Ingredients40 m servings 294
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Crumble in the saffron; add the fennel seeds and the red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the Classico sauce, seafood stock and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat to low and simmer until the onion is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Place the fish in a bowl and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the rosemary, thyme, and marjoram. Add the shrimp and the remaining tablespoon oil. Toss gently to coat.
- Place the fish and shrimp into the tomato base mixture. Cook over medium-low heat until the shrimp is opaque throughout and the fish begins to flake apart, about 5 minutes.
- Note: Saffron is an expensive spice, but it is vital to this recipe. There is not an appropriate substitute.
Per Serving: 294 calories; 10.7 17.5 31 118 1142 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
I am an Allstar and this was a task from the program to create a recipe. To the person thinking it needed cheese I believe you likely have never had an actual bouillabaisse. Traditional bouillab...
Amazing recipe! I made my own tomato basil sauce and followed the rest of the recipe as is! Loved it and will def make it again
Great recipe! Thank you. I topped the soup with a little more salt and some ground peppercorn which added a nice spice to it. The amount called for in the recipe is a good start though so that i...
Winner!!!! Wow! Such an amazing soup! We enjoyed every flavor of this soup. I cannot say enough about the delicious welcoming flavor of this soup. I love herbs so I was really intrigued when I s...
I'll make it again as it was good. I used a spicy tomato sauce base and added celery and cooked potatoes. It was a bit of a Roman Remains dish to be honest but tasted really good. The blend of ...
Five stars for simplicity and flavor. Followed the recipe to a t . I might add some spinach or some kind of green next time just to incorporate a serving of veggies. ??P
This is fantastic! I made it as is, with the exception of the broth. I couldn't find seafood broth at my store so I subbed vegetable broth. Yummy!
Delicious! The final product as written lacked fullness in my taste, so I added some sharp cheese and it was perfect!