Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 771
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring the water, milk, and salt to a boil. Add the polenta in a slow, steady stream, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon until incorporated.
- Continue stirring to prevent lumps from forming. Reduce the heat so the mixture bubbles occasionally.
- Cook, stirring and scraping the bottom and sides of the pan, until the polenta is thick and starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the butter, a few cubes at a time, then stir in the cheese. Keep warm over very low heat.
- Heat grapeseed oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the sausages and cook following cooking instructions indicated on the packaging, or until no longer pink in the center, about 8 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Transfer the sausages to a plate.
- Add the bell peppers and onion to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta sauce and crushed red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer and return the sausages to the pan. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, then remove from the heat. Slice sausages before serving.
- To serve, place a mound of polenta onto a plate, and top with the sausage and arrabbiata sauce.
- Notes/Footnotes: Although you can use just water and omit the milk, I believe the milk gives polenta an extra creaminess.
Per Serving: 771 calories; 46.2 57.9 31.7 83 2663 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1