Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 297
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Line a 15x17-inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with oil (for eggplant slices). Lightly oil a 9x13-inch baking dish (for the manicotti).
- Arrange eggplant slices in a single layer in 15x17 pan. Roast eggplant until softened, about 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook sausage in a non-stick skillet over medium heat until it begins to brown and is no longer pink, breaking up clumps as it cooks. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Combine ricotta cheese, egg, garlic, oregano, basil and Parmesan in a medium bowl; mix until smooth and well blended.
- Pour a cup of Classico Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce into the 9x13 pan and spread evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- Put 1 tablespoon of ricotta mixture onto longer end of eggplant slice and top with a scant teaspoon of crumbled sausage; roll up into thin roll. Place on pasta sauce in 9x13 pan. Repeat with eggplant slices making 2 rows of eggplant rolls in pan.
- Sprinkle remaining sausage over eggplant rolls. Spread remaining pasta sauce over eggplant rolls. Top with shredded Italian cheese blend.
- Bake until sauce is bubbly, about 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Variation: You can omit the sausage to make them meatless (and they're gluten free!).
Per Serving: 297 calories; 13.3 32.8 14.8 70 872 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Overall a really good recipe. We weren't able to get the eggplant into a rollable state - 1/4" is too thick of a cut and 20 minutes is too short of a bake. I'd recommend cutting the eggplant rea...