Ingredients40 m servings 480 cals
- Combine cornstarch, paprika, kosher salt, white pepper, and cayenne (if using) in a plate. Pat fish dry with paper towels. Coat fish on all sides with the seasoning mix.
- Heat butter and oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook until garlic is fragrant but not brown, about 30 seconds. Add quartered mushrooms and a pinch of salt; cook until mushrooms are lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms from skillet. If pan is dry, add a tablespoon of additional olive oil.
- Increase heat to medium high. Gently place fish into skillet in a single layer. Sear until a crust forms on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Turn the fish and sear the other side for about 4 minutes. Remove fish from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Return the mushrooms to the skillet along with the chopped green onions; stir. Pour in the Classico Creamy Alfredo Sauce and heat for 4 minutes but do not bring to a boil. Place the fish into the sauce. Reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- In a separate lidded skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Place broccoli in the pan and season with a large pinch of kosher salt and white sugar. Add water, cover; steam over medium heat until broccoli is bright green and stalks are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Arrange broccoli along the rim of a platter in a circle with the crowns facing out. Carefully place fish in the middle. Squeeze two wedges of lemon over fish and broccoli. Pour sauce and mushrooms over the fish. Garnish with toasted pecans.
- Serve with additional lemon wedges if desired.
- Cook's Notes:
- Pecans may be toasted in a dry nonstick skillet over medium heat until fragrant and lightly browned.
- This may be prepared with chicken instead of cod. Pound chicken breast thin, use the same coating and method as stated above. Cooking time should be adjusted to ensure chicken is cooked through.
Per Serving: 480 calories; 29.9 g fat; 28 g carbohydrates; 31.1 g protein; 137 mg cholesterol; 1221 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
I followed Baking Nana's recipe to a tee and I'm glad I did. This was super easy and it turned out soooooooooo good! I do plan on making this again with no changes. Thanks BN!
This is a wonderful recipe, easy and tasty. I didn't have broccoli so used pasta instead, didn't have Classico so made my own garlicky Alfredo and it was probably not as healthy as this recipe ...
Loved this recipe!!! I picked it as I had fish, broccoli and half and half.. I try to find recipes that I already have.most of the ingredients This was amazing. I did not stray from the origina...
This was absolutely wonderful! I made my own Alfredo otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly. The presentation was beautiful also.
This is very flavorful and tasty. I had some trouble with my cod in that it lost most of its coating and totally fell apart, although I cooked it according to the directions. So presentation was...
Awesome recipe! The only reason I can't give it 5 stars is that it uses bottled sauce. The only addition that I did was in using a splash of white wine to deglaze the pan after searing the fish....