Easy Chicken Veracruz
Ingredients30 m servings 281 cals
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts on both sides.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Place the chicken in oil and cook until chicken begins to turn white, about 3 or 4 minutes. Turn and cook until chicken is browned, 3 or 4 more minutes, and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add remaining oil to pan. Stir in onions and red and green bell peppers. Cook and stir until the onions are softened and slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato-basil sauce; let simmer for about 5 minutes until slightly thickened. Return the chicken to the pan and cook until chicken is heated through, a few minutes more.
- Serve over hot rice or quinoa. Garnish with chopped cherry tomatoes, green olives, and capers.
Per Serving: 281 calories; 12.8 g fat; 16.4 g carbohydrates; 25.1 g protein; 59 mg cholesterol; 866 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
Lots of flavor here. I didn't have green peppers, so I went with just red peppers. Served it over whole wheat angel hair and topped it off with some grated parmesan cheese. Mine was pretty sa...
Wow...so easy and so much flavor!! I used plum tomatoes cut up, because I had no cherry tomatoes on hand and added a little garlic powder to the chicken before browning it with the salt and pep...
It was a bit tangy for my taste. With that said, this was a good recipe. It really was. The only thing I didn't care for was the tanginess and I'm fairly certain that was the sauce itself which ...
Super good! I still prefer the traditional way of preparing it with fish (i like chef jhons recipe on this website for Veracuz style fish), but I have to admit this was very delicious . My only ...
This was an easy refreshing meal. I did make one mistake, I had a jar of Classico Fire roasted tomato and garlic pasta sauce in my pantry and didn't realize until after I poured it in my veggies...
Plate licking good!!! Easy to make & everyone lived it. I only had plain tomato sauce to which I added a few dashes of Adobo. Gave it a little Spanish flavor
Loved this recipe! It really was quick and easy. I added some mushrooms that needed to be used. This will become a go-to for me and one I will use for friends needing a meal.