Ingredients45 m servings 564 cals
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the sausages; cook until browned on all sides, following cooking instructions indicated on the packaging. Remove sausages from the pan. Drain grease, leaving about a tablespoon for the vegetables.
- Cook peppers and onions in skillet over medium heat until they begin to soften. Add garlic, salt, and pepper and cook one more minute.
- Stir in Classico Tomato & Basil Sauce. Increase heat until sauce begins to boil; reduce heat and simmer over low heat.
- Cut the sausages into 1-inch pieces; add to the pan and stir to combine. Cook until the sauce has thickened and the peppers and onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Serve in bowls or on rolls as sandwiches.
Per Serving: 564 calories; 31.5 g fat; 47.6 g carbohydrates; 22.9 g protein; 45 mg cholesterol; 2170 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 17
So good! My husband and I love Italian sausage & peppers, so this recipe just hit the spot for the two of us after a long day at the zoo with the kids. I super simplified this by using a bag a p...
One of our favorite meals is Italian Sausage and Peppers, and this recipe was great-very saucy. Maybe next time we'll use half the sauce. Other than that, excellent on rolls (we added a slice of...
It was just like the Italian sausage from the State Fair only better! Used Johnsonville Sausages. Saucy, flavorful, and a hit at our house! Will be making again!
Next time I will not put as much sauce in this recipe, but it was very good.
I loved the versatility of this recipe. Prepared as is, it's great over your favorite pasta. If you reduce the amount of Classico sauce, it makes an awesome sandwich with your choice of hard or...
Sausage, peppers and onions are always a hit in this house. My husband said this was as good as you get in any Italian restaurant. I served it over pasta but it would be equally good on a roll...
For health reasons I can't have sugar or flour, so I'm always looking for recipes that will be good without them. Since I couldn't have the bread I added more onion and bell peppers. Also we lik...