Nana's 7-Layer Salad
Ingredients50 m servings 507
- Mix Cheddar cheese and mayonnaise together in a small bowl.
- Pat lettuce into an even layer in the bottom of a large glass serving bowl. Layer tomatoes, black olives, peas, and water chestnuts, respectively, into the bowl. Spread Cheddar cheese mixture over the water chestnuts layer; top with bacon.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until salad is chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Concentrate the ingredients of each layer at the perimeter of the serving bowl to create a colorful and eye-catching salad. Fill any remaining space in the middle of each layer with more lettuce.
- You can save time by using packaged crumbled bacon pieces instead of cooking your own.
Per Serving: 507 calories; 45.9 9.8 15.5 62 899 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Needed more bacon and the canned water chestnuts added a nasty flavor. I will be omitting those. Pure mayonaise is not my idea of a dressing for a salad.
I have been looking for this recipe. I can remember eating this salad as a little kid in the 1970's. I will be replacing the water chestnuts with green onions and the black olives with parmesan ...
Much better with a half cup "or more" of sugar (or Splenda) mixed into the mayonnaise before icing the salad with this dressing.