Red Pepper Scallops on Potato Pancakes
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 296 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the pepper, cut-side down, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook pepper under the preheated broiler until pepper skin blackens and blisters, 5 to 8 minutes. Place blackened pepper into a bowl and tightly seal with plastic wrap. Allow the pepper to steam as it cools, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard skin; thinly slice pepper.
- Stir mashed potatoes, egg, bread crumbs, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl until smooth.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, drop batter by spoonfuls into hot oil and flatten out to form a small pancake. Cook until golden and crispy on one side, about 7 minutes. Flip and cook until golden and crispy on the other side, 5 to 7 minutes more. Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Place scallops in a bowl and season olive oil, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Heat the same nonstick skillet over high heat. Place scallops in the center of the skillet; place red peppers in a pile in the side of the skillet. Cook scallops until a golden crust develops, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer scallops to a plate, leaving peppers in the skillet.
- Cook and stir peppers, basil, butter, and capers together in the hot skillet; pour water into skillet, stir sauce, and remove from heat.
- Arrange pancakes in a single layer on plates or a platter; place 2 to 3 scallops on each pancake. Top with pepper sauce.
Per Serving: 296 calories; 15.5 g fat; 19.5 g carbohydrates; 19.1 g protein; 109 mg cholesterol; 657 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
STRONG 5! I had some left-over tater pan-cakes frozen ( score!)simple, straight-forward directions I followed them pretty much. next time...and a next time will happen ! I will sub some nice whi...