Pesto-Stuffed Grilled Portobellos
Ingredients40 m servings 282
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop stems.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir chopped mushroom stems, shallot, and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes. Pour wine into the skillet; cook and stir mixture using a wooden spoon until liquid is evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes. Cool mixture to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Brush the olive oil mixture over the top each mushroom and place, top-side up, on a grilling pan. Mix pesto and pine nuts with the mushroom stem mixture together in a bowl; spoon into each mushroom. Sprinkle Italian cheese blend over the filling.
- Grill mushrooms on the preheated grill until edges are blackened and stuffing is bubbling, about 10 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Grill mushrooms over open flame or smoldering charcoal (medium heat) from alder, cedar, or other fine smoking wood, depending on the flavor you desire.
- Any white wine can be used in place of the Chardonnay.
Per Serving: 282 calories; 20.2 15.4 14.5 20 297 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
These are very easy to assemble with few ingredients, making for an impressive looking side dish. At first I thought there's no way there will be enough "stuffing". And there really wasn't much...
This was so delicious! The instructions are a bit confusing. We grilled 2 huge mushrooms, oiled with olive oil, gill side down for 10 minutes, then flipped them and layered the pesto/mushroom/...
I cooked 2 large portabellos in a grill pan on the stove - 3 minutes on the gill side then flipped them, added the stuffing and cooked the top side 12 minutes. The Italian cheese I used was moz...
Easy to make (I changed nothing) and delicious. These were a big hit with dinner guests. The recipe doesn't make an abundance of stuffing but even so, the mushrooms were quite tasty. I'll mak...
This was delicious! I usually hate mushrooms but I adored this. I had an avocado on the side and it made a good meal.
Cook gill side down for at least three minutes and then flip and add stuffing cooking abt 12 more minutes
I followed the recipe but only used four mushrooms. It was so good! I loved it! Will definitely make it again!
Easy to make and really delicious. I’ve made it twice and it did not disappoint.