Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 303 cals
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Blend carrots, canola oil, onion, 1 teaspoon salt substitute, and pepper together in a blender until smooth. Whisk water and cornstarch together in a bowl until cornstarch is dissolved; add to carrot mixture and blend until smooth. Pour carrot mixture into a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish and press into a 'crust' shape.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is dry and firm, about 20 minutes.
- Whisk broccoli, eggs, pesto, and 1 teaspoon salt substitute together in a bowl until smooth; pour over the carrot crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set in the middle, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool quiche for 25 minutes and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use a paper towel to pat shredded carrots until completely dry, then add them to the other crust ingredients.
- The broccoli could be substituted for a dry ingredient (such as tofu, green pepper, firm cheeses). Wet ingredients (such as tomatoes, sliced meat, cottage cheese) alter the filling.
- Perhaps reducing the 3 eggs to 2 eggs will give a firm filling after 45 minutes of baking?
- Any variety of cheese can be used for the topping.
Per Serving: 303 calories; 22.7 g fat; 16.3 g carbohydrates; 11.3 g protein; 103 mg cholesterol; 313 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Quite tasty. My crust really never got dry and firm and I baked it a bit longer, but it all worked out. I did use regular salt instead of the substitute and added more homemade pesto.. mine was ...
Needed maybe a little more spices in the filing but pretty good. It was very simple to make and I found it opposite of what the other rate was it wasn't messy at all and texture was great. Th...