Quick Chicken Pot Pie
Ingredients1 h servings 683
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add frozen vegetable mix, cover, and steam until tender, 2 to 6 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and celery in hot butter until soft and translucent, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Melt remaining butter in a pot over medium-high heat. Whisk flour into butter to form a thick paste. Slowly add chicken broth to flour-butter mixture, whisking constantly, until mixture is hot and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir chicken, steamed mixed vegetables, and onion-celery mixture into broth mixture; season with seasoned salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Remove from heat and let mixture cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Fold sour cream and mozzarella cheese into chicken mixture; pour into a casserole dish.
- Spread pastry dough over the top of the chicken mixture and pierce the dough several times with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is browned and chicken mixture is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 683 calories; 45.7 40.4 28.9 104 743 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 20
I've been on AllRecipes for years now and this is only the second time I've rated a recipe. OMG! This was fabulous! I've been married 45 years so I am no novice to the kitchen. I followed the r...
Delicious with my little twists to the original recipe! I used chicken thighs because that's what I had and leftover homemade creamed corn made with cream cheese, in addition to carrots, celery...
Amazing! My family wants it weekly...actually, they wanted it the next day. We compromised on weekly. I did add a pie crust on the bottom as well as the one on top. Worked beautifully. Also...
I made this tonight and it was awesome. I will definitely be making it again. This will be my go to recipe for chicken pot pie.
It drives me crazy when people change the recipe and then complain about it...However I did change a couple o f things, but I don't seem to have messed the recipe up cause we still loved it. Fir...
This was a wonderful recipe. I didn't change any ingredients. I did lessen the salt since I used packaged broth and because of aesthetics I used white pepper instead of black. It is by far th...
This is by far the best recipe for Chicken pot pie. Follow recipe exactly and you will love it. I make this in five 12oz ramekins! It is so elegant and nothing more is needed except maybe a few ...
My husband said, " that's pretty good stuff, I'm going to get more!" I only switched out the vegie package for a frozen in the bag that had asparagus gold and white , corn and carrots in it. Oh...