Quick Chicken Pot Pie
Ingredients1 h servings 687 cals
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add frozen vegetable mix, cover, and steam until tender, 2 to 6 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and celery in hot butter until soft and translucent, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Melt remaining butter in a pot over medium-high heat. Whisk flour into butter to form a thick paste. Slowly add chicken broth to flour-butter mixture, whisking constantly, until mixture is hot and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir chicken, steamed mixed vegetables, and onion-celery mixture into broth mixture; season with seasoned salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Remove from heat and let mixture cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Fold sour cream and mozzarella cheese into chicken mixture; pour into a casserole dish.
- Spread pastry dough over the top of the chicken mixture and pierce the dough several times with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is browned and chicken mixture is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 687 calories; 45.8 g fat; 40.6 g carbohydrates; 29.2 g protein; 105 mg cholesterol; 983 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
I've been on AllRecipes for years now and this is only the second time I've rated a recipe. OMG! This was fabulous! I've been married 45 years so I am no novice to the kitchen. I followed the r...
Delicious with my little twists to the original recipe! I used chicken thighs because that's what I had and leftover homemade creamed corn made with cream cheese, in addition to carrots, celery...
Amazing! My family wants it weekly...actually, they wanted it the next day. We compromised on weekly. I did add a pie crust on the bottom as well as the one on top. Worked beautifully. Also...
This was a wonderful recipe. I didn't change any ingredients. I did lessen the salt since I used packaged broth and because of aesthetics I used white pepper instead of black. It is by far th...
I have made this pot pie several times & we love it! Last night I made another one & added fresh mushrooms as well! This dish will definitely be a weekly meal for us! Thank you! MWAH??
Perfect, easy way to repurpose leftover chicken. My husband loves this and it looks like I worked really hard on it.
Just made this tonight and it was so good! My changes where a bisquick crust and a bit more seasoning (I like seasoning). I had to crank up the heat at the end and cook it a bit longer due to t...
This was so easy to make. The only thing I use is two sheets of the pastry dough. This was a HIT with my young kids.