Quick Chicken Pot Pie
Ingredients1 h servings 687
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add frozen vegetable mix, cover, and steam until tender, 2 to 6 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and celery in hot butter until soft and translucent, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Melt remaining butter in a pot over medium-high heat. Whisk flour into butter to form a thick paste. Slowly add chicken broth to flour-butter mixture, whisking constantly, until mixture is hot and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir chicken, steamed mixed vegetables, and onion-celery mixture into broth mixture; season with seasoned salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Remove from heat and let mixture cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Fold sour cream and mozzarella cheese into chicken mixture; pour into a casserole dish.
- Spread pastry dough over the top of the chicken mixture and pierce the dough several times with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is browned and chicken mixture is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 687 calories; 45.8 40.6 29.2 105 983 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 19
I've been on AllRecipes for years now and this is only the second time I've rated a recipe. OMG! This was fabulous! I've been married 45 years so I am no novice to the kitchen. I followed the r...
Amazing! My family wants it weekly...actually, they wanted it the next day. We compromised on weekly. I did add a pie crust on the bottom as well as the one on top. Worked beautifully. Also...
Delicious with my little twists to the original recipe! I used chicken thighs because that's what I had and leftover homemade creamed corn made with cream cheese, in addition to carrots, celery...
It drives me crazy when people change the recipe and then complain about it...However I did change a couple o f things, but I don't seem to have messed the recipe up cause we still loved it. Fir...
This was a wonderful recipe. I didn't change any ingredients. I did lessen the salt since I used packaged broth and because of aesthetics I used white pepper instead of black. It is by far th...
This is by far the best recipe for Chicken pot pie. Follow recipe exactly and you will love it. I make this in five 12oz ramekins! It is so elegant and nothing more is needed except maybe a few ...
My husband said, " that's pretty good stuff, I'm going to get more!" I only switched out the vegie package for a frozen in the bag that had asparagus gold and white , corn and carrots in it. Oh...
A very easy way to make a pot pie. The family loved it and I will make this again soon.