Green Bean Orzo Pasta
Ingredients30 m servings 275
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook orzo in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add green beans, cover, and steam until tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat; cook and stir pine nuts until toasted and fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Combine orzo, green beans, pine nuts, tomatoes, remaining olive oil, Parmesan cheese, basil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute 1 can green beans for the fresh green beans, if desired.
- If the heat dissipates too much, simply reheat in microwave for approximately 2 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 275 calories; 11.4 34.1 10.3 4 161 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
I had fresh green beans from the farmers market that were begging to be used and came across this recipe. Not only was I able to use the green beans but this recipe satisfied the carb portion o...
Great side dish! Easy to make too. I didn't have any pine nuts but tasted good without them. I will definitely make this again!
Very good. The roasted pine nuts give it a delicious nutty flavor. I used cut frozen green beans. Even good cold as a pasta salad.
It was easier than I thought! This was my first time making orzo but it turned out great!
Nice recipe that can easily be modified for whatever you have in your fridge/allergies. Made mine with just fresh green beans, olive oil, basil, and fresh tomatoes tossed with spaghetti noodles ...
Surprisingly very, very good considering how few ingredients there are. This will be a regular main dish for me.