Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 164
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir rolled oats, wheat bran, oat bran, and flax seed meal in a large bowl until well blended.
- Combine honey and oil in a saucepan; cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture starts to boil, about 3 minutes. Lower heat to low and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and salt. Pour chocolate mixture over dry oat mixture and stir until well coated; spread evenly over prepared baking sheet, gently pressing mixture down with spatula.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Rotate baking sheet adn continue baking until slightly crisp, about 30 minutes more. Remove baking sheet from oven and cool granola until crisp, about 15 minutes. Break into chunks and store in an airtight container.
- Cook's Note:
- For a finer textured granola, stir mixture every 15 minutes while baking.
Per Serving: 164 calories; 6.4 26.2 2.9 0 75 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Outstanding!! This is a wonderful recipe for chocolate granola. I used Blue Agave syrup in place of the honey and was hoping it wouldn't ruin the recipe and it didn't, it worked well. I couldn't...
All I can Say is OUTSTANDING!! WOW! This is seriously some good Stuff!! I eat Granola daily to snack on and this is the Best iv had!! I almost feel Guilty for eating it! It tastes that good lol!...
This is a wholesome chocolatey treat that we absolutely love at our house. I first made this when it was a personal recipe before it became kitchen approved. My daughter loves it as a snack on...
The first time I tried this recipe, I had no wheat or oat bran so I doubled the flaxmeal and added a 1/4 cup of cocoa powder. Heavy dose of fiber for the kids and they all love it, so I have kep...
Made this recipe several times now and love it! Just enough chocolate taste without overpowering the oats. It's a good simple chocolate/oat base recipe if you feel like playing around with add i...