Bea's Carrot Coconut Cake
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 426 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Whisk white sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract together in a bowl; stir in flour, baking soda, and salt until batter is well mixed. Fold coconut, carrots, fruit cocktail, and 1 cup walnuts into batter; pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cake cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Beat cream cheese, margarine, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract together until smooth and creamy; add confectioners' sugar and beat until frosting is smooth. Fold 1 cup walnuts into frosting; spread over cooled cake.
- Cook's Note:
- Butter can be substituted for margarine. Any variety of nuts can be used.
Per Serving: 426 calories; 25.8 g fat; 46.6 g carbohydrates; 4.4 g protein; 34 mg cholesterol; 236 mg sodium. Full nutrition