Seitan Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
Ingredients35 m servings 688
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper until onion is translucent, 5 to 10 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer vegetable mixture to a bowl.
- Pour remaining olive oil into the skillet over medium heat; add seitan and cook, turning frequently, until browned on all sides, 5 to 10 minutes. Return vegetable mixture to skillet and mix with seitan; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange hoagie rolls on a baking sheet and fill with seitan-veggie mixture. Place 1 provolone cheese slice over the filling of each sandwich.
- Heat sandwiches in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Per Serving: 688 calories; 22.7 84.1 36.8 20 1208 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Delicious! Seitan lends itself quite well to being imitation steak. The stuff I bought was the crumbly kind, so it behaved like ground beef but it was still great in our steakless cheesesteaks! ...
I just had this and boy was it GOOD! I used homemade seitan and added a little garlic when I was sauteing the seitan up. I am wishing I had more.