Ingredients45 m servings 501 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine chicken, cream of chicken soup, water chestnuts, mayonnaise, mushrooms, and sour cream in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until bubbling, about 10 minutes.
- Pour chicken mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Spread crescent roll dough over chicken mixture, covering the whole surface and sealing the seams together; brush with butter. Sprinkle Swiss cheese over butter layer and top with almonds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crescent rolls are lightly browned and cheese is melted, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Cream of mushroom soup can be substituted for the cream of chicken.
Per Serving: 501 calories; 36.8 g fat; 20.3 g carbohydrates; 21.6 g protein; 72 mg cholesterol; 721 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This a great starting off place for a variety of chicken & crescent casseroles... I've used this as a basic go-to several times. First, we don't like canned soups so I use a jar of Alfredo Sauce...
I thought it was pretty good and the kids loved it. I added salt and pepper, minced garlic, onions and cheddar cheese to the mixture. Then I topped as instructed.
it was very good, but I added frozen vegetables and sauted fresh mushrooms and onions. will definitely make again.