Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 261
- Stir beef stock and lentils together in a large pot; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and keep at a simmer while preparing onion.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, cinnamon stick, ginger, turmeric, cumin, and black pepper in the hot oil until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes; add to stock mixture.
- Pour garbanzo beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, and quinoa into the stock mixture; stir and bring mixture to a boil. Stir parsley and cilantro into the stock mixture; reduce heat to low and cook mixture at a simmer until the lentils are tender, about 45 minutes. Drizzle lemon juice over the soup before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- To make the soup wholly vegetarian, trade out the beef stock for vegetable stock.
- If you do use quinoa, be sure to prepare it separately from the soup (1/2 cup unprepared = 1 cup prepared). Throwing it into the soup unprepared will cause it to absorb all the liquid and you will be left with a very, very thick stew.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 261 calories; 3.9 42 14.4 0 299 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 24
I picked this recipe even though it had only a few reviews because I needed something high in fiber and protein that even my rambunctious 15 month old would eat and an easy reheat meal. It's wo...
Great recipe! Tastes very similar to a version served in a restaurant near me. Substituted vegetable stock for the beef stock (I'm vegan) and used cinnamon powder in place of the cinnamon stic...
Meat Addition review: I was looking for a 15 bean soup recipe and found this gem. I added 2 lbs of Italian pork sausage (because that's what I had) cooked up with spices and the onion. I added f...
used slow cooker. Low for 5 hrs. added 1.5 lb of stew meat that my family desired. ground ginger spice, not fresh. and 1 cup cooked quinoa. This taste is unique to my midwest meat and potatoes...
We substituted vegetable stock for the beef stock, and then needed to add more salt. Loved the spices in this.
Delicious! I omitted the tomatoes (because I hate tomatoes), used vegetable stock, and put just a tiny sprinkle of ground cinnamon instead of a stick. This has unique flavor, easy to make it veg...
I thought it was delicious, flavorful and hearty. The quinoa adds a complete protein and substance so it kept me feeling satisfied. I doubled the recipe and added a pound of stew meat. Next t...