Brandied Apple Rings
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 101
Original recipe yields 48 servings
- Place apple rings in a bowl and pour in enough water to cover. Add lemon juice to water.
- Bring sugar and 3 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan; cook and stir until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Add apples to sugar-water mixture and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until apples are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack apple rings into hot, sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Keep syrup in the saucepan.
- Bring the syrup back to a boil and add brandy; cook and stir until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Ladle the syrup over apple rings, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top.
- Run a knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 15 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you want to use it immediately rather than canning it, simply leave apples and syrup together to cool.
Per Serving: 101 calories; 0.1 22.6 0.1 0 1 Full nutrition