Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 699
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes; drain, reserving 2 cups of the water.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Cook garlic in hot oil until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes; add tofu and continue cooking and stirring until browned, about 5 minutes more.
- Arrange tomatoes in the bottom of the saucepan so the cut sides are down; cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Squeeze the tomatoes with the back of a fork to release their juices.
- Pour 1 cup reserved water over the tomato mixture; bring to a simmer and cook until the liquid reduces slightly, about 5 minutes. Add more reserved water if the liquid gets too thick.
- Remove saucepan from heat; add drained penne. Stir cheese and basil through the pasta mixture; season with salt and pepper.
You might also like
Per Serving: 699 calories; 16.6 114.9 26.8 6 120 Full nutrition