Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 495 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 pound nuts)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix white sugar, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl.
- Beat egg white and water together in a separate large bowl until frothy but not yet stiff; add pecans and stir to coat. Season nuts with the sugar mixture and spread onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast in oven, turning occasionally, until the nuts are browned and no longer moist, about 30 minutes.
- Set baking sheet on a wire rack to cool nuts, breaking apart any nuts stuck together.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use pecan halves, if you prefer.
- These nuts can be stored in a plastic bag in your freezer.
Per Serving: 495 calories; 40.9 g fat; 33.8 g carbohydrates; 5.7 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 591 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I made half a recipe and used pecan halves. I kept looking at them to see if they were done, using the direction of the submitter about baking them until they are not moist. It was hard to tel...