Simple Pumpkin Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 193
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat a large soup pot over medium-low heat; add olive oil and heat until it starts to smoke. Decrease heat to low and add onion, bacon, celery, garlic, and rosemary to the hot oil. Cover pot with a lid and cook until onion is tender and bacon is cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix squash, carrot, paprika, and cayenne pepper into onion-bacon mixture; return lid and increase heat to medium-low. Cook squash mixture, stirring occasionally, until squash is softened and nearly cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Pour chicken stock over squash mixture and increase heat to medium-high; cook until squash is cooked through, about 10 minutes more. Remove pot from heat and cool soup slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Blend soup using an immersion blender until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Add more chicken stock for a thinner soup.
- Cook's Note:
- This soup can be served in a sturdy crusty round bread for an extra touch.
- Red squash is also known as Japanese squash.
- If using cubes, use about 3 with the suggested amount of water suggested on the cube packaging. Vegetable stock can be used in place of chicken stock if desired.
Per Serving: 193 calories; 10 21.7 7.4 12 1960 Full nutrition