Asian Greens with Chicken
Ingredients35 m servings 526 cals
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onions in hot oil until slightly softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Place chicken in skillet and season with garlic salt and black pepper. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook until chicken is browned on one side, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn chicken and season with garlic salt and black pepper on the other side. Transfer chicken and onions to a cutting board and chop chicken.
- Stir bok choy into the same skillet, reduce heat to low, cover the skillet with a lid, and cook until greens are slightly tender, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan; remove from heat. Stir couscous spice packet contents and 1 tablespoon olive oil into water; add couscous. Cover saucepan and let stand until water is absorbed completely, about 10 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork.
- Spoon couscous onto plates, top with greens, onions, and chicken, respectively, and sprinkle tomatoes and Mizithra cheese over the top.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute tilapia filets for chicken, if desired. With fish I would avoid using cheese.
- You can use any flavor couscous (my favorite is toasted pine nut).
- Can use other Greek cheeses; Mizithra cheese is a hard, tart, sour cheese from Greece.
Per Serving: 526 calories; 18.9 g fat; 66.6 g carbohydrates; 30.6 g protein; 50 mg cholesterol; 1065 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was a spectacular find. Was in a hurry and didn't have all the ingredients, so a bit of modification was necessary. The recipe, as written, is for two and we were four. Also, chicken tend...
Cut raw chicken in cubes first and then added to onion. Sauteed covered until cooked through. Added chopped bok choy to to pot with chicken and onion and sauteed all. Then added some feta cheese...
I enjoyed this recipe and will make it again, love bok choy! It felt very healthy, granted I added bell peppers too as an extra vegetable. The author's comment suggested rice as an alternative t...