Stuffed Yellow Summer Squash
made it | 0 reviews |
"I grew everything here in my garden; it was from the first harvest, so it was a lot cheaper on the budget, because we all know fresh fruit and veggies can get expensive. All in all, we had a great time cooking our 'own' food. Even my 4-year-old had fun helping. You can add sausage to the rice just to give a little extra kick."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 261 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring water and wild rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender, 30 to 45 minutes. Drain excess liquid, fluff rice with a fork, and cook uncovered for 5 minutes more.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange yellow squash halves onto a baking sheet.
- Bake yellow squash in preheated oven until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute summer squash, bell peppers, cucumbers, onion, and tomatoes in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mound rice atop each of the squash halves. Top rice with a portion of the sauteed vegetable mixture.
- Return squash to preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes more. Sprinkle Gouda cheese over the stuffed squash halves and bake until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Per Serving: 261 calories; 7.4 g fat; 39.8 g carbohydrates; 12.9 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 179 mg sodium. Full nutrition