Chef John's Grilled Swordfish Bruschetta
Ingredients55 m servings 749 cals
- Stir tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, basil, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl. Let sit until flavors blend, at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Brush bread slices with olive oil.
- Cook bread slices on the preheated grill until browned and crispy, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Brush swordfish steaks with grapeseed oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Cook swordfish steaks on the preheated grill until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 4 minutes per side.
- Divide bread slices between two plates and top each plate with 1 swordfish steak. Spoon 1/2 of the cherry tomato mixture over each steak.
Per Serving: 749 calories; 44.2 g fat; 50.5 g carbohydrates; 36.6 g protein; 53 mg cholesterol; 702 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
This is fantastic. The grilled bread and at the vinaigrette are over the top with the fish. Made for company and they went crazy for it. Outstanding.
I've been cooking fish for 30+ years. This is my all-time favorite recipe. Outstanding flavor and very easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly except I didn't have cherry/grape tomatoes, jus...
I did grill the bread, having sprayed with olive oil. Cut in half all ingreadients except the cayenne pepper. We loved the way the bread soaked up the balsamic juices. Followed the recipe exa...
This was awesome and delicious. I omitted the bread and served over a fresh bed of Arugula. I added thinly sliced red onions to the sauce and used both red and yellow cherry tomatoes. I used mo...
Very delicious! Made exactly as written and the bruschetta complimented the swordfish very nicely. Made this for my husband's birthday and he really enjoyed the fish with bruschetta on top of th...
Delicious! Didn't have any fresh basil and subbed a scoop of fresh pesto from Costco. Amazing.
Stuck to the recipe and it turned out great! Everyone at the table loved it.