Ingredients7 h servings 365
- Place beans in a large pot and cover with 7 cups water; bring to a boil. Cook beans for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer until beans are tender, about 1 1/2 hours; drain.
- Mix beans, 1 cup water, beef roast, barbeque sauce, chipotle peppers, cilantro, cooking wine, garlic, chili powder, cumin, beef bouillon powder, red pepper flakes, and liquid smoke together in a slow cooker.
- Cook on High until meat shreds easily when chili is stirred, 5 to 7 hours (or cook on Low for 12 hours). Stir chili to distribute meat before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- Stir 1/8 teaspoon baking soda into water when boiling beans if you are using hard water.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 365 calories; 10.5 44.4 23.8 39 420 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Hi all! Just wanted to add a note after reading the reviews. This calls for just 3 chipotle peppers, not 3 cans of chipotle peppers! Of course, add more or less to taste. ;)
I thought it needed more chili powder but other than that it was great as written. Leftover smoked brisket would be great in this too.
This chili as written would be not eatable for our taste. We only had one can of the chipotle peppers and doubled the other ingredients. We tried to calm the spiciness out of it by adding cheese...