Deep-Fried Apple and Brie Bites
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 125 cals
Original recipe yields 30 servings
- Stir apples, Brie cheese, 20 crushed vanilla wafers, honey, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold, at least 15 minutes.
- Beat egg until frothy in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Gradually add flour, milk, confectioners' sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; beat until batter is thick and smooth, adding more flour as necessary to reach desired consistency.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pour 20 crushed vanilla wafers into a shallow bowl.
- Roll apple mixture into small balls. Drop balls into funnel cake batter and turn to coat completely. Roll coated balls in crushed vanilla wafers. Place the coated apple balls onto a plate while coating the rest; do not stack.
- Working in batches, fry apple-brie bites in hot oil until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer cooked apple-brie bites to a paper-towel lined plate to drain and cool.
- Cook's Note:
- These can be made ahead of time and reheated for 5-7 minutes in a 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) oven.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 125 calories; 6.2 g fat; 14.5 g carbohydrates; 2.9 g protein; 14 mg cholesterol; 105 mg sodium. Full nutrition