Ingredients1 h servings 393
- Whisk 1/2 cup coconut milk, sugar, and salt together in a bowl until sugar dissolves and coconut sauce is smooth.
- Combine rice, water, 1/4 cup coconut milk, and 1 tablespoon shredded coconut in a saucepan over medium heat; simmer, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Decrease heat to low and cook until rice is sticky and soft, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 of the coconut sauce over rice; stir and fluff with a fork. Add remaining coconut sauce to rice mixture and stir well. Remove saucepan from heat and let stand until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Cook and stir remaining shredded coconut in a skillet over medium-low heat until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle about 1/2 cup rice mixture into each serving bowl or plate. Arrange 4 to 5 slices mango on each serving; sprinkle toasted coconut over mango.
- Cook's Note:
- You can find black sticky rice at Asian markets or online.
- Slice the mango by first cutting 1/2 inch off the top and bottom, then slicing each side starting just past the seed. Remove the skin with a paring knife and slice into lengthwise strips.
- For a more authentic version, substitute 3 tablespoons sesame seeds in place of 3 tablespoons shredded coconut; lightly toast in saucepan and sprinkle over dessert.
Per Serving: 393 calories; 8.9 75.6 4.6 0 305 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Do not use this recipe. The rice will burn if you follow the directions. It does not cook as it should, and as others have noted the texture is not the same.
It isn't quite the sticky rice from the great Thai restaurant in the city, but it does satisfy the craving. I chose this recipe specifically for the rice preparation, because the last time I at...