Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 393
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Whisk 1/2 cup coconut milk, sugar, and salt together in a bowl until sugar dissolves and coconut sauce is smooth.
- Combine rice, water, 1/4 cup coconut milk, and 1 tablespoon shredded coconut in a saucepan over medium heat; simmer, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Decrease heat to low and cook until rice is sticky and soft, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 of the coconut sauce over rice; stir and fluff with a fork. Add remaining coconut sauce to rice mixture and stir well. Remove saucepan from heat and let stand until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Cook and stir remaining shredded coconut in a skillet over medium-low heat until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle about 1/2 cup rice mixture into each serving bowl or plate. Arrange 4 to 5 slices mango on each serving; sprinkle toasted coconut over mango.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can find black sticky rice at Asian markets or online.
- Slice the mango by first cutting 1/2 inch off the top and bottom, then slicing each side starting just past the seed. Remove the skin with a paring knife and slice into lengthwise strips.
- For a more authentic version, substitute 3 tablespoons sesame seeds in place of 3 tablespoons shredded coconut; lightly toast in saucepan and sprinkle over dessert.
Per Serving: 393 calories; 8.9 75.6 4.6 0 305 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
It isn't quite the sticky rice from the great Thai restaurant in the city, but it does satisfy the craving. I chose this recipe specifically for the rice preparation, because the last time I at...