Balsamic and Herb Quinoa Salad
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 453 cals
- Bring 2 cups water, quinoa, and bouillon granules to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Spread quinoa onto a baking sheet and refrigerate until cooled, about 30 minutes. Rinse saucepan.
- Place lima beans into the saucepan and add enough water to cover beans by 1 inch; season with salt and pepper. Cover saucepan with a lid and bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until beans are cooked through but still tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain water and rinse beans under cold water to stop the cooking process; refrigerate until cool, about 10 minutes.
- Cook and stir almonds in a skillet over medium heat until toasted, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and cool almonds to room temperature, about 5 minutes.
- Mix quinoa, lima beans, almonds, tomatoes, scallions, and mozzarella cheese together in a large bowl.
- Whisk vinegar, almond oil, olive oil, Italian seasoning, basil, garlic, and salt together in a bowl until smooth; pour over quinoa mixture and stir to coat.
- Cook's Note:
- Leave out the chicken bouillon to make this dish vegetarian!
Per Serving: 453 calories; 27.5 g fat; 39.7 g carbohydrates; 12.6 g protein; 11 mg cholesterol; 308 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Quinoa novices but trying to eat healthy grains more. This was a good introduction. Complex but subtle taste. I quartered grape tomatoes because I had extra-BOGO week at the store. I think 2 tsp...
This turned out super yummy! Best served fresh or soon after adding the dressing. Will vertically be making this yummy dish again soon.
Substituted frozen peas for the Lima beans. Good side salad. Taste as you add the dressing, the balsamic flavoring was a little much.