Ingredients1 h servings 328 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Put sweet potato and red onion in a large bowl. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over the sweet potato mixture and toss to coat vegetables in oil; spread onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven, turning occasionally, until browned on the edges, 30 to 40 minutes. Let roasted vegetables cool to room temperature.
- Puree jalapeno peppers, garlic, lime juice, and remaining olive oil in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Transfer cooled roasted vegetables to a large bowl; add black beans and green bell pepper. Pour pureed jalapeno pepper mixture over the vegetable mixture and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper. Garnish salad with cilantro.
- Cook's Note:
- The red onion is really just for color; a standard white onion will do, just as adding a red or yellow bell pepper will add some color.
Per Serving: 328 calories; 9.4 g fat; 55.5 g carbohydrates; 7.9 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 767 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
This was delicious! I made it per the recipe with no changes except I didn't garnish with cilantro. So many flavors! This is a keeper :-)
I used canned chilies instead of jalapenos because that's what I had and I'm scared of jalapenos anyway. I had to leave out the garlic because I live with a vampire. This is good. I will prob...
Great recipe that received lots of comments when we brought it over to a potluck dinner-definitely no leftovers! The only change we made was to use a yellow bell pepper instead of green just due...
I overlooked the food processor instructions and just mixed it. The flavors are awesome. And it's just nice to look at! I garnished it with a few slices of lime. Good hot or warm.
Have made several bean salads similar to this recipe. Love the added sweet potatoes. Made exactly as recipe. Will definitely make again.
Make something very similar to this, however I add a cup of sweet corn and one avocado mixed in at the end.
Delicious! The changes I made were only to use what I had on hand. I added a little cilantro paste since I didn't have fresh cilantro. I also used bottled lime juice. I made a little extra & ...
Added yellow bell pepper and more cilantro. Was delicious. Even better the next day. Will make it again. Saving this recipe. I'll probably try it without peeling the potatoes next time.