Ingredients1 h servings 328
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Put sweet potato and red onion in a large bowl. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over the sweet potato mixture and toss to coat vegetables in oil; spread onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven, turning occasionally, until browned on the edges, 30 to 40 minutes. Let roasted vegetables cool to room temperature.
- Puree jalapeno peppers, garlic, lime juice, and remaining olive oil in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Transfer cooled roasted vegetables to a large bowl; add black beans and green bell pepper. Pour pureed jalapeno pepper mixture over the vegetable mixture and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper. Garnish salad with cilantro.
- Cook's Note:
- The red onion is really just for color; a standard white onion will do, just as adding a red or yellow bell pepper will add some color.
Per Serving: 328 calories; 9.4 55.5 7.9 0 767 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 17
This was delicious! I made it per the recipe with no changes except I didn't garnish with cilantro. So many flavors! This is a keeper :-)
Make something very similar to this, however I add a cup of sweet corn and one avocado mixed in at the end.
I used canned chilies instead of jalapenos because that's what I had and I'm scared of jalapenos anyway. I had to leave out the garlic because I live with a vampire. This is good. I will prob...
Great recipe that received lots of comments when we brought it over to a potluck dinner-definitely no leftovers! The only change we made was to use a yellow bell pepper instead of green just due...
I overlooked the food processor instructions and just mixed it. The flavors are awesome. And it's just nice to look at! I garnished it with a few slices of lime. Good hot or warm.
This was tasty! I served it as the main dish for dinner, along with a kale salad. It definitely benefits from the lime, and I might have even liked it with the juice of 3 limes! It would be h...
This recipe is delicious. I used sweet onions instead of red and it’s great warm or cold to me. It was easy to make too. I went by the amounts for 6 servings and this lasted a whole week for lun...
This is really good and I've made it many times. I find that a splash of rice vinegar improves the flavour (white wine vinegar would work too), and I usually add a chopped avocado and mix in coo...