Ingredients2 d 1 h 15 m servings 193
- Put sliced cabbage into a large sealable plastic bag.
- Whisk red wine vinegar, sugar, balsamic vinegar, salt, onion powder, seasoned salt, and black pepper together in a bowl; pour into bag with the cabbage. Massage the bag to ensure cabbage is completely coated with liquid. Squeeze as much air from the bag as possible and seal.
- Marinate cabbage in refrigerator, massaging the bag several times a day, until the cabbage is softened and the marinade is deep purple in color, at least 2 days.
- Pour olive oil into the bag and mix with the cabbage mixture. Seal bag and refrigerate 1 hour more before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- Apple cider vinegar can be used in place of red wine vinegar, if you prefer.
- I use the slicing disk on my food processor to slice the cabbage as thinly as possible.
Per Serving: 193 calories; 13.7 18.3 1.6 0 1017 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Made as written and this was the perfect blend of tart and sweet. The tart overpowered the sweet a tad but in a very good way. I threw everything into a ziplock bag a couple of days prior to ser...
This was a nice variation to mayonnaise-based slaw. I followed the instructions except that I did not have time to let it set for days. Instead, I added all ingredients (including the oil) and...
Tastes great with fresh cabbage from the farm stand in Hastings, Florida.
Delicious! I didn't add any oil as I like the crunch! This will be a keeper in my recipe box! Yum!
I made the recipe just as stated but added shredded carrots and green peppers. It was delicious!