Grandma Cathy's Pineapple Poppy Seed Cake
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 390
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan (such as Bundt(R)).
- Beat yellow cake mix, eggs, instant pudding mix, water, pineapple juice, oil and poppy seeds together in a large bowl; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven, rest on wire cooling rack. Run knife between cake and sides of pan to release. Using a skewer, poke holes in the cake at 1/2-inch intervals. Pour sauce over cake and let rest in pan for 45 minutes to cool.
- Stir sugar, pineapple juice, and butter together in a saucepan over medium heat until the butter melts, 1 to 2 minutes; bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute more. Remove saucepan from heat and pour sauce over the cake.
- Let cake cool and absorb the sauce at room temperature for at least 45 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and dust with confectioners' sugar.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- A grilling fork with long prongs or a utility fork works well for poking holes in the cake.
- Using a cake mix with pudding in the mix makes a moister cake.
- You can substitute water for pineapple juice in the sauce, but the pineapple juice makes a huge difference!
Per Serving: 390 calories; 22.8 45.1 2.8 72 404 Full nutrition