Justin's Honey Buffalo Chicken Wraps
Ingredients45 m servings 613
- Stir whiskey, brown sugar, ketchup, hot sauce, butter, vinegar, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes and garlic powder together in a saucepan over medium heat; cook, whisking occasionally, until the mixture begins to bubble, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook sauce at a gentle simmer until thickened to the consistency of syrup, about 15 minutes more. Remove from heat to cool.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts in the hot oil, turning occasionally, until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 10 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Remove chicken to a cutting board. Use two forks to pull the chicken into shreds.
- Drain and discard oil from skillet, but do not otherwise clean. Return shredded chicken to the skillet. Place skillet over low heat and pour sauce over the chicken; cook and stir until the chicken is coated in sauce and the sauce sticks to the chicken strands, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Heat a clean skillet over low heat. Toast a tortilla in the skillet until warmed, about 1 minute. Flip tortilla and top with 2 slices provolone cheese. Cook until the cheese melts slightly, about 1 minute more. Spoon about one-quarter of the chicken mixture into the tortilla and wrap tortilla around the filling. Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese, and chicken mixture.
- Cook's Notes:
- Any white cheese works for these, though I prefer white American or Provolone.
Per Serving: 613 calories; 30 33.9 42.6 124 1174 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was delicious. Didn't have honey flavored whiskey so I added 1T of honey.
Turned out great! I used crown royal and added a tablespoon of honey and wrapped it in a tortilla with lettuce and tomato