Vanilla Layer Cake with Strawberries
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 594 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour three 8-inch cake pans.
- Beat cake mix, milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla pudding mix together in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until just blended. Scrape the bowl, increase mixer speed to medium, and beat until batter is smooth, about 4 minutes. Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before transferring cakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and white sugar together in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth; fold in whipped topping until frosting is smooth.
- Place 1 cake on a serving platter. Spread frosting on top of the cake; top frosting with a layer of strawberries. Place 1 cake atop strawberries. Frost cake and top with a layer of strawberries. Place remaining cake atop strawberries, frost the top and sides of the cake, and top with remaining strawberries.
Per Serving: 594 calories; 32.9 g fat; 71.6 g carbohydrates; 6.6 g protein; 69 mg cholesterol; 491 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made this using sour cream instead of cream cheese and probably more strawberries. Otherwise I stuck to the recipe. If I made it again, I would do cakes from scratch and real whip cream becaus...
Excellent!! I made it for my daughter's birthday and everyone loved it.