Ingredients1 h servings 171
- Bring water and lentils to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until lentils are almost tender, about 15 minutes; add bulgur and salt. Cover saucepan and remove from heat; set aside until bulgur is tender and water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until until tender and fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes. Add tomatoes and red bell pepper; cook and stir until red bell pepper is tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine bulgur-lentil mixture and vegetable mixture in a bowl; add balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons olive oil and toss to coat.
- Cook's Note:
- You can change the oils and vinegar. I've used lemon-infused olive oils and fig-infused balsamic vinegar, for example. Adding avocado is always a good choice. It really doesn't look pretty, but it tastes great!
- If the bulgur seems dry after sitting for 20 minutes, add more water.
Per Serving: 171 calories; 4.5 25.7 7.9 0 10 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
My favorite part is how to cook the lentils and the bulgur in ONE pot! Aside from that, it is a good template for many different combinations of vegetables and always tasty.
Thought this was pretty good. I am not a fan of legumes, but have been trying to find ways of sneaking them into my diet. The balsamic gives this a good flavor, but I think next time I would use...