Veggie, Almond, and Raisin Quinoa Salad
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 282 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread almonds onto a baking sheet.
- Bake almonds in the preheated oven until lightly toasted and fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Bring vegetable stock and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and stock has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer quinoa to a bowl and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Mix almonds, cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, orange bell pepper, feta cheese, raisins, olives, and scallions into quinoa.
- Whisk lemon juice and olive oil together in a bowl; pour over quinoa mixture and stir until quinoa mixture is coated.
- Cook's Note:
- If you can get sheep's milk feta, use that.
- You can add salt and ground black pepper to taste, if desired.
Per Serving: 282 calories; 15.4 g fat; 30.2 g carbohydrates; 7.5 g protein; 8 mg cholesterol; 292 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I've been looking for lunch-time salad recipes for my husband and me. This has been our absolute favorite. It's both filling and delicious - and makes enough to last a week! I've been adding ...
I doubled the Cucumber portion and used sliced almonds with dried cranberries in addition to the raisins for flavor contrast. This was delicious and I will definitely be making it again!
This is my go-to quinoa salad, which I make often during the summer months. If you can find sheep's milk feta, I would suggest you try it in this salad, it's not as sharp tasting as goat's milk...