Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 383 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 pie)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Lay one of the pie crusts into the bottom of a pie pan. Mix 1 1/8 teaspoon and 1 1/8 teaspoon white sugar together in a small bowl and sprinkle over the pastry.
- Mound the apple slices into the pastry. Mix 2/3 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and cinnamon together in a bowl; sprinkle over the apples. Dot the apples with chunks of butter. Top with remaining pie crust pastry.
- Run fingers moistened with water along edge of pie pastry in the pan. Top pie with remaining pie crust pastry and press the two pasties together along the seams to seal. Cut small slits into the top pastry for ventilation.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and continue baking until crust is golden brown, about 45 minutes more.
Per Serving: 383 calories; 19.2 g fat; 51 g carbohydrates; 3.5 g protein; 8 mg cholesterol; 274 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Unfortunately my pie came out more like soup. Followed the recipe, used Granny Smith and Fuji as that's all market had. Wasn't as sweet as I wanted either and I used 3/4 sugar. Not sure what I d...