Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 569
- Put sweet potato into a saucepan with enough water to cover completely; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until just tender, about 15 minutes; drain.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine water, onion, and garlic in a saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook at a simmer until onion softens, about 5 minutes.
- Stir gravy mix, cumin, cinnamon, curry powder, ginger, black pepper, turmeric, and salt into the water; add leftover pot roast, sweet potatoes, peas, and corn. Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 5 minutes; pour into the frozen pie crust. Sprinkle feta cheese over the filling.
- Bake in preheated oven until crust is golden brown around edges, about 25 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use left over shredded pork or chicken, too. The crust, feta, and spices are what really make this recipe work. You can change veggies, too; try cooked carrots, white potatoes, or just about any root vegetable.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 569 calories; 31.6 49.2 22.6 65 1159 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Well this one was an even split in the house, myself and my 17 yr old loved it, but the husband and other son said , no way. It has a good flavor, but called for spices I do not usually cook wit...
Awesome dish! I had to cook mine slightly longer, but it may be because I added extra water. Also, I used the water from boiling the sweet potatoes for extra flavor. I used ground turkey and it ...
It is a very tasty way to use leftover meat. This review doesn't express how really delicious a meal this is. Try it!!
This is a fantastic recipe. I left the cinnamon out and feta cheese. Used phyllo dough. Lovely
I made this using leftover lamb. In lieu of gravy mix, I used the fat drippings, which was about 3/4 C+ 1/2 C water + 1 tbsp flour. I omitted feta because I didn't have it on hand. The whole fam...