Belle Adorn Salsa
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 10 cals
- Combine tomatoes, onions, tomato paste, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, vinegar, banana peppers, sugar, garlic, pickling salt, and ground black pepper together in a large pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until slightly reduced in volume, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack salsa into hot, sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 35 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute 1 cup chopped jalapeno peppers for the banana peppers if desired.
- Add 1/2 bunch cilantro at the end of cooking if desired.
- Process jars for 45 minutes if using quart-size jars.
Per Serving: 10 calories; 0.1 g fat; 2.2 g carbohydrates; 0.4 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 89 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I've been making this salsa for 5 years...it is DELICIOUS! Use 15 CUPS Chopped Tomatoes (skins removed, of course). Add 3/4 cup - 1 Cup of FRESH chopped cilantro AND 2 Tablespoons ground cumin...