Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 45 m servings 296
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine beef and pork in a large skillet over medium-high heat; season with 1 pinch chili-lime seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Cook and stir until meat is evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain excess grease.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir onion, jalapeno pepper, and garlic until onion is softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir beef-pork mixture into onion mixture; add diced tomatoes with juice, beer, tomato sauce, roasted red peppers, water, tomato paste, chili powder, 1 tablespoon chili-lime seasoning, cumin, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, cayenne pepper, and bay leaves.
- Bring tomato-meat mixture to a boil, add chili beans, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, at least 2 hours.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Chuck roast or steaks can be substituted for the top sirloin.
- After the chili has simmered for about an hour you can thicken with cornstarch mixed in cold water (2 tablespoons cornstarch in 1/4 cup water, or more if necessary).
- You can use about 10 dried chili peppers, stemmed, seeded, boiled for 20 minutes, blended, and strained along with the chili powder if desired for richer chili flavor.
- The Tajin® seasoning is an important ingredient for this recipe, it can be found in many Mexican grocery stores.
Per Serving: 296 calories; 11.6 25.3 22.5 45 1294 Full nutrition