Corn and Bacon Salad
Ingredients40 m servings 217
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the corn and cook until slightly soft but still crisp, about 5 minutes. Cut corn kernels from the cobs; discard cobs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir bacon in hot oil until browned and crisp, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, reserving drippings in the skillet.
- Cook potatoes, stirring occasionally, in the same skillet over medium heat until potatoes are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add red bell pepper and salt; cook and stir until peppers are tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Stir corn kernels into potato mixture and cook until corn is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Pour corn-potato mixture into a large bowl. Add bacon, red onion, cider vinegar, and red pepper flakes; toss to combine.
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute 3 cups thawed frozen corn for the fresh corn. You can substitute any sweet pepper for the red bell pepper.
- You can substitute rice vinegar for the cider vinegar. You can substitute onion powder for the red onion.
Per Serving: 217 calories; 6.8 35.4 7.8 7 178 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was easy and super delicious. Great to use up leftovers from a BLT and corn night. And agree that it would be very easy to modify with your favorite add ins. Simple good summer food. Aw...
Love this too much!! Great flavor and the fact that you can eat it for lunch, dinner or a potluck dish is AWESOME! !