Ingredients35 m servings 267
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk gluten-free flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and xanthan gum together in a bowl. Stir butter, yogurt, honey, and egg together in a separate large bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir until dough is just combined.
- Turn dough out onto prepared baking sheet and shape into a large round about 3/4-inch thick. Use a knife to score dough into 8 triangles without cutting all the way through the dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 17 minutes. Cut on the scored lines through the dough to separate into individual scones.
- Cook's Notes:
- For variance in flavors, add some lemon or orange zest, a splash of lemon juice, or any dried fruits, raisins, currants, cranberries. You can also add chopped walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, mini chocolate chips, a splash of vanilla, or a pinch of nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Many scone mixes call for chilled butter or even frozen butter grated on a cheese grater. I did not find this necessary for light and perfect scones; I use softened or room temperature butter.
Per Serving: 267 calories; 13.3 35.5 5.2 54 469 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
These turned out great! I didn't have any coconut flour or xantham gum, but I decided to try out the recipe anyway. The scones turned out slightly crunchy on the outside and nice and fluffy on...
I followed the recipe exactly. It's quite light and fluffy on the inside. My oven cooks fairly quickly, so I dropped my time to 14 minutes and they were still a little more brown than I wanted. ...
Great recipe. I followed the advice of another reviewer and did not add the coconut flour or the xanthan gum. I used greek yogurt, added a tablespoon of pure maple syrup and a cup of chocolate c...