Knock-Your-Socks-Off Vegan Chocolate Cake
made it | 0 reviews |
SuperK, Beginner Baker!
"This is our go-to cake recipe now. After years of making 'depression cake' for our egg- and dairy-allergic son, we finally discovered that xanthan gum is the necessary ingredient for combating crumbly cake! This can easily be a vegan cake, or a not-necessarily-vegan cake, you throw together with stuff in your pantry! Cool completely, frost as desired, and enjoy!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 373 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Add water, sugar, vegetable oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract to dry ingredients; mix until batter is just moistened and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- White sugar can be used in place of the demerara sugar.
- A fluted tube pan (such as Bundt®) or 12 to 16 muffin cups can be used in place of the 9x13-inch dish. Bake cake in the fluted tube pan for 55 minutes. Bake cupcakes for 22 minutes.
Per Serving: 373 calories; 14.6 g fat; 58.7 g carbohydrates; 3.9 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 409 mg sodium. Full nutrition