Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 224 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Brush the bottom of a springform pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Cook and stir bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon olive oil together in a skillet over medium heat until breadcrumbs are light golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir 1 tablespoon Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese into breadcrumbs; cook and stir until golden brown and toasted, about 1 minute more. Spread breadcrumbs out into the bottom of the prepared springform pan.
- Beat eggs in a bowl with a whisk until pale yellow, thick, and frothy. Add basil, parsley, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg; stir to combine.
- Whisk ricotta cheese and 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese into egg mixture. Drop cheese mixture by spoonfuls into the prepared springform pan and spread it evenly over breadcrumbs. Gently tap the pan against a work surface to settle the cheese layer. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, 20 to 25 minutes. Run a paring knife around the side to release tart from springform pan. Cool in the pan until cool enough to handle; remove springform pan ring.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with a wire rack.
- Place tart on prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated broiler until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
Per Serving: 224 calories; 15.7 g fat; 10.1 g carbohydrates; 12.9 g protein; 87 mg cholesterol; 449 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I used three eggs instead of two, so that it would be a bit higher, but the tart still ended up quite thin. Not a problem if you're serving a light breakfast or lunch for two. I made it the day...
I am eating this right now. It was so easy and tastes so good. I didn't have the bread crumbs, so I crushed some cheesy crackers and used them instead. I also threw in one extra egg when it loo...
I added some pasta, hummus and vegetables to the recipe which changed my oven time to 30'. On top of the bread crumbs layer, I put pasta and hummus. Then, broccoli, a carrot, 3 mushrooms, a few ...
Well dang!!! I bought the ingredients and was getting ready to make when I realized I forgot to buy a springform pan. Smh!!